May 20 2020

My STUBC 2020 Reflection

Yo and Whuddup all,

This is officially the last week of the 2020 Student Blogging Challenge. I’ve had an amazing time participating during the whole eight week period, and hope I can continue next year!

I would like to start off by saying a big thank you to all the people who have commented on my blog posts. Your ideas have inspired me and reassured me that people are visiting my site. Thank you to my teachers and school for setting up this amazing experience and encouraging me. Lastly, thank you Edublog staff, creators and educators, and Ms Kathleen Morris for explaining and posting the weekly challenges. These were all very fun, engaging and entertaining.

I have never participated in the Student Blogging Challenge before, and this experience has greatly helped me improve my writing, commenting and cyber-socialing skills. When we started, I was not thrilled. I didn’t think that blogging would be as fun as the other things we did in Digital Technology, such as 3D Printing. However, once I actually understood what blogging was, how the website operated,and the fact that we could share our work and get to know other people in a cyber environment, I was all for it. After the first week, I had made sure I spent all my free time (yes, I know I’m a bad kid having so much screen time) editing my blog appearance, commenting on other people’s blogs, and generally having a lot of fun. By Week 4, I had completed all the tasks and was waiting impatiently for the next week’s to be put up.

One particular thing that is now strongly embedded into my system is photo copyright. After the Fun With Photos Week, I had gained a lot of knowledge about how we must comply to the creator’s licenses, and have made sure that I have properly acknowledged the source, creator and rules (learn more here). Another thing that has stuck strongly with me is how to use some basic HTML. I have enjoyed changing the links into interactive portals that directly lead to the website, and this also saves space. My favourite has definitely been the <a href=” insert website link here “> insert website name here </a> (in fact I used HTML for the italics as well ๐Ÿ˜). Now that reminds me of emoji/s! I never knew how to access emoji/s on a computer/laptop, but now I have a lot of fun putting as many emoji/s as possible everywhere I can๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿค—๐Ÿงˆ๐Ÿฅช๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ ๐Ÿง€๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿฆฐ๐Ÿ’‚โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿซ๐ŸŽจ๐ŸŽ—๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿงจ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿงกโ˜ฎ๐Ÿ’ฅ! Yes, I love food yes I do. Learn more about me here.

The Student Blogging Challenge has also helped me to learn how to customise a website page, and introduced me to Google Slides (I’ve never used it before, my school has a different platform). Additionally, this has given me a bunch of memories and kept me busy during quarantine. Socialising on a cyber platform is very interesting, and I have made a few friends along the way. Blogging is so interesting!

My posts and pages number at about 17, with more coming every week or so. Additionally, I was able to recieve around 47 comments from my classmates, teachers and other visitors…thanks y’all, you make my day when I see a new comment! Hopefully I can have more coming in!

Although STUBC 2020 is coming to an end, my school is reusing some of the previous topics from 2019 and 2018. Keep an eye out for some more posts from me! I’m really excited to be able to continue blogging. Check out my blogging plans post to see what I will keep posting about!

Please leave a friendly comment below and fill in this survey about my posts here (once again, if you can edit or access files in the form please inform me in the comments and refrain from editing). Thank you so much everyone! I’ve had an amazing time here, and I hope that my blogging skills have improved. I look forward to more blogging in the near future!

NOTE: All photos and images have been sourced from Photos For Class. (I told you I paid attention to HTML and photo rights๐Ÿ˜)

1 thoughts on “My STUBC 2020 Reflection

1. msyuan

Amazing work Tong Tong! I have enjoyed reading all your posts which have been interesting and so creative.

Reply